Full time, mainly Mon-Fri but will need to be flexible.
Assist in the implementation of an education strategy that addresses all forms of education, including development of new programmes.
· Organise education activities for zoo visitors, including trails, arts and crafts, and presentations.
· Co-ordinate school, college, and youth group visits.
· Assist with the running of Jimmy’s Farm and Wildlife Park’s Zoo academy.
· Hands on working with a range of species to be used in the education programs.
· Prepare and develop educational resources.
· Deliver national curriculum-linked teaching.
· Make educational outreach visits to schools and other institutions.
· Assist in the organisation of zoo events.
· Assist with organisation of interns, work experience and volunteers.
· Co-ordinate and manage our inhouse research projects.
· Co-ordinate and manage our conservation and release projects.
· Develop and organize a team of education volunteers.
· Assist in the general duties involved in the running of the Education Department.
If you’ve got what it takes to join our team, send your cv with a covering email, explaining why you are the perfect person to join us, to [email protected] with a subject heading of “Education Officer”.