Everything you need to know
Please read below for some useful information about your next visit.
Last updated: 19th July 2021
- There is a restriction on the number of visitors per day to ensure we can allow space for social distancing, should you choose to still distance yourself from others.
- If you can avoid queuing for the Wildlife Park on the hour (10am, 11am etc) it will help stagger visitor arrivals and reduce queuing to get in. Please feel free to browse our shops or get something to eat from our restaurant while you wait!
- Once in the park, your time is unlimited.
- Please bring your tickets with you on the day. Either a print out or on your phone.
- Members please remember your membership card / documentation.
- Concessions/carers will also need appropriate supporting documentation.
At the Park
- A one way system has been carefully laid out to help with social distancing.
- Face coverings will be optional, however we encourage any guests to wear one in high traffic areas. They will be mandatory when participating in an animal experience.
- All of our staff have their relevant PPE and have daily health checks.
- Additional sanitiser units are available throughout the park.
- Our tropical house is open.
- Our butterfly house is closed.
Food and drinks
- The Barn Restaurant & Coffee House is open every day serving takeaway hot food such as burgers, salads, falafel wraps and more.
- The Snack Shack is open serving light refreshments such as sausage rolls and a range of drinks.
- The Hair of the Hog woodland pub is open in high seasons.
- Please note that the catering outlets are operating as card only transactions.
- The on-site stores: The Farm Shop, Clarkes of Walsham, Little Wattsits, Joules and Piggies Sweets and Toys are open.
- Our butchery remains closed.
- The wooden play area is open and is disinfected daily. There are limited numbers permitted.
- Our bouncy pillow is open 11am to 4:30pm.
Any other questions please email [email protected]
We know that the lifting of restrictions can be a scary time and we would like to reassure our guests that we will continue to put their safety at the top of our priority list. We are continuing to move forward safely, while trying to give our guests the best experience possible.