1: Farming and Food Production – Early Years, Foundation Stage, Key Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4
- A) Farmyard trail – An introduction to the farming methods, food production and farm animal welfare on Jimmy’s Farm. You also get to meet the animals on a comprehensive tour of the working farm. Meet and feed the pigs and piglets as well as other farm animals. Look out for the pink tractor!
- B) 3 Garden – Tour herb, vegetable and formal gardens to identify and experience different fruits, vegetables and herbs that are growing on the Farm. (Seasonal).
2: Sausage Making and Tasting – Key Stage 2, 3, 4 and Further Education
- A talk and participation / demonstration on sausage making, find out why Jimmy’s Farm sausages are different. Sample the traditional and more unusual sausages we make on the Farm.
- There is an extra charge of £5 per student for this programme to cover the cost of meat used and sausages tasted.
3: Environmental Science – Early Years, Key Stage 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Pond dipping – exclusively for supervised groups – dip from staging, collect, observe and identify water creatures and return them at the end of the session.
- Explore the wood: Seasons, trees, seeds and growing.
- The woodland as an ecosystem.
- Minibeast / invertebrate study, life cycles, habitat comparison, identification and classification.
- Time walk – follow the woodland path and discover animals which may live in the woods now and some that have lived here in the distant past – deer to dinosaurs!
- Visit the tropical butterfly house and experience free flying multi coloured butterflies in the heat and humidity of the tropics while learning about their life cycle (available from late spring to early autumn).
4: Forest activities – Early Years, Key Stage 1, 2, 3.
- Select from the following activities – fire lighting, cooking over a wood fire, den building, trees identification, story-telling in the woods. Can be combined with Forest Creative Art.
Forest Creative Art. Pre-school to Further Education (1-2 hrs.)
- Stimulate your artistic side in our beautiful woodland area creating and exploring art using natural materials – make a miniature moss garden or a huge golden lion from fallen leaves, a 3-D mud face on a tree trunk or a woven twig sculpture.
- Use your own ideas or be led by out trained team members.
5: Jimmy’s Farm as a Business – Key Stage 3 and 4
- A tour of the working farm, Farm Park, various sales outlets and Farm shop to explore farm finances, costs of running the farm, ethics, diversification, location and the BBC & Channel 4 TV influence. The past, present and future of Jimmy’s Farm.
6: Butchery Demonstration
- A butchery demonstration on how a carcass is prepared, skills of butchery and how cuts of meat are prepared for display. (There is a small extra charge of £1 per student for this activity.)
- Pre-school, school and Group Fun visits – UNSUPERVISED – Any age.
Groups can organise and lead their own day using the public Farm Park facilities. Booking is necessary to ensure that the undercover Education Hub and information booklets are available. Price includes:
- Wrist bands to allow access on and off the Farm Park during the day.
- Use of the undercover Education hub to store items and eat lunch if necessary.
- Use of information booklets on the animals found on the Farm Park.
- Single payment at reduced rates with invoice and electronic payment facility if required.
- Farm Risk Assessment.
- Free pre visit voucher for staff to make their own risk assessment.
8: Pre –school, School and Group Fun visits SUPERVISED – Any age.
We can create a fun programme of events, usually lasting between two and three hours, led by a member of staff incorporating various activities, such as:
- Talk and tour of the farm park- feeding and petting various animals.
- Den Building and bush craft in the woods.
- Visit the Tropical Butterfly House, (Spring and Summer only).
- Mini-beast Hunt in the woods.
- Meet and feed the pigs and other farm animals.
- Pond dipping.
The group would be able to stay on and have unlimited access to the Farm Park area, including the Adventure Play areas. Do let us know if there are particular activities you would like to do.
9: Catering programme for KS3 and above.
A programme for students embarking on or already started on catering courses.
- Working Farm tour to see, feed and learn about the live animals.
- Introduction to vegetables and plants grown on the Farm, sold in the Farm shop and used in the Farm restaurant
- Butchery demonstration (£1 extra).
- Sausage making and tasting. (£5 extra).
- Talk with our young Head chef, Jon and a restaurant manager on catering as a business and career.
10: Course Fishing
- complete beginners (20 minutes).
Activity can be combined with others to create a full day.
11: Creative art work with Wild Raspberry (from 60 minutes).
- Select your own art activity – decorating china ware, make a mosaic, design and create a T-shirt or hat. Combined with other activities to create a full day.
- See separate sheet for Wild Raspberry details and prices.
12: Farm Park Tour (45-60 mins.)
- Observe, touch, feed and learn about the variety of animals on the new Farm Park. Petting with rabbits and guinea pigs; feeding goats, sheep, rhea, emu, geese, ducks and alpaca; see and learn about reindeer, donkey, meerkats, cattle and pigs.
- Experience the heat and humidity amongst the dripping vegetation of the Tropical Butterfly House with beautiful, free flying butterflies ouse(late spring to early autumn)(((late spring to early autumn only).